Shower Glass Styles
Glass now comes in many styles and varieties. Custom designs permeate all components of a house, and homeowners now have a litany of options at their disposal. Be it different thickness, tint or texture, we carry all types. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Designer Frosted Glass – The common term for sandblasted or etched glass, frosted glass creates an opaque finished product. Etched glass can produce the same results as frosted glass, but gives license to creating patterns tailored to your likings. Some of the more popular designer glass options are Acid Etched, Bubble, and patterned-glue chip.
- Clear Glass – This is your standard glass. It carries a slight green tint similar to all the other clear glasses. All glass has a trace of iron in it, and the more iron in the glass, the greener. You can opt for glass with lower iron to get a different effect.
- Cast Glass – The cast glass and Ultimate Optique glass is our most stunning glass option. Nothing compares with its rich texture
- Rain Glass – A tempered glass with opaque tendencies, rain glass tows the line between private and see-through. Patterned to look like rain is trickling down your shower from the inside, rain glass adds a calming feature to any shower.
- Bronze and Gray Glass – Two neutral colors of tinted glass, these unique options can change up the whole aesthetic of your bathroom by providing a completely different color palate.
- Low Iron Glass – More transparent than regular glass. It doesn’t have the greenish tint due to the reduced amount of iron in its molten glass formula. By modifying the iron content in low iron glass, light transparency can increase about 5 to 6 percent. It’s made from low-iron silica sand and has a ferric oxide content of . 01 percent, while most clear glass has about 10 times that amount. This is important because it allows for better color neutrality, more natural light, and edges that are clear.