9 Shower Design Trends for 2022
There is perhaps no better feeling than coming home after a long day and stepping into a hot shower to relax. Or maybe you rely on that morning shower to freshen up and kickstart your day. The shower is an important bathroom fixture, so if you’re looking to upgrade, there are a few important trends to be aware of.
Here are the top 9 shower design trends for 2022:
1. Sustainability will be key. Expect to see more shower heads that are energy efficient. Water conservation will be a priority, and showerheads will work with low-flow water systems, while still delivering the water pressure you want.
2. The shower will be a place to relax. With the increase in popularity of aromatherapy, expect to see more showers that come with built-in aromatherapy systems and other spa-like features. Many homeowners want to relax in the shower and take their time, so showers are getting longer and more luxurious.
3. The shower will be more than just a fixture. The bathroom is going to become the most important space in your home. As such, expect showers to be more than just a place for you to get clean. Designers will take note of this and incorporate some fun features, such as music systems, lighting, and televisions in new bathrooms.
4. Sleek shower doors. The look of the sliding glass door has changed a lot over the years, and in 2022, they will be even sleeker. Many have a frameless look that gives the illusion of more space.
5. Heated floors. This is a trend that has been slowly gaining popularity, and it is expected to continue into 2022. Heated floors will make your shower experience even more luxurious and relaxing.
6. Shower caddies. No one wants to have to scramble for a towel or their shampoo when they’re in the shower. New shower caddies will be a must-have in 2022, as they will provide you with much-needed storage space and organization.
7. Integrated benches. Benches are a great way to maximize space in your shower, and they will become even more popular in 2022. Expect to see more showers that come with benches that are integrated into the design.
8. Rain showerheads. A rain showerhead is a great way to feel like you’re taking a shower in the rain, allowing you to get clean while also relaxing. In 2022, rain shower heads will become more popular as they provide a luxurious experience at an affordable price.
9. Digital showers. A digital shower is a great way to customize your shower experience. You can control the temperature, water pressure, and even the duration of your shower. In 2022, expect to see more digital showers as homeowners look for ways to make their shower experience unique.
These are just a few of the design trends that will be popular in 2022. As you can see, the shower is going to undergo some big changes in the coming year. If you’re in need of a new shower design upgrade, contact the experts at Maryland Frameless Showers
who can help you design the perfect shower, including their premier frameless shower doors that are designed to impress.