Frameless Shower Door Safety Tips
Updating any part of your home often brings to mind thoughts and concerns about making spaces as safe as possible. Bathrooms, in particular, are areas where people become worried about slipping and falling and injury. Showers and tubs are those spots that give bathrooms a bad name when it comes to safety. Frameless showers may seem like a dangerous upgrade idea; however, that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Is the Glass Safe?
The best way to answer this question is to consider the variety of glass that is used for frameless showers. Tempered glass is used to create the doors to frameless showers. This is the very same kind of glass that is used to make kitchen appliances and windshields in cars. Because the goal of this glass is to be resistant to shattering, it’s a very safe kind of glass for frameless shower doors. Tempered glass is actually at least four times tougher than any other type of glass within your home.
Tempered glass is made to be able to cope with higher temperatures that could occur in a bathroom. Should the glass shatter, it doesn’t break up into large pieces. The following tips should be considered to make sure you and your loved ones stay safe using frameless shower doors:
· Use a trusted brand – This is one of the best ways to ensure that you’re receiving the best quality. A trusted brand will last a long time while remaining beautiful.
· Make sure your installer is certified – A basic handyman may help you keep costs down, but that doesn’t mean that they really know how best to install a frameless shower. The smallest mistake can be incredibly dangerous and costly.
· Take care when using the door – While the glass is tough, you should still be careful when entering and exiting your frameless shower. Not using the handles and other hardware as intended may cause damage to your frameless shower door and, in turn, make it lose some of its stability.
· Keep your eye on little ones – We cannot express enough how safe tempered glass is; however, you should very much take care when children use the shower. Unfortunately, kids can lack the care needed to not slam doors or be gentle.
· Check your door – You should take a little time to check the glass of your door a few times a week. This ensures that the glass of your door isn’t chipped. It’s also important to hire someone right away to make repairs if there are any issues to prevent further damage and disaster.
Contact Maryland Frameless Showers
If you’re ready to take the plunge, Maryland Frameless Showers is ready to help you get your bathroom renovation underway. These tips can help you maintain your frameless shower to the maximum extent possible. Frameless showers can be incredibly durable and last for a long time, and we’re prepared to answer any questions you may have and help design the perfect space for you. For more information or to get a quote on your installation, contact us right away.